IPCop Mission Statement
Below, you will find a copy of our Mission Statement. All members of the IPCop Firewall Team strive to meet these goals. By achieving these goals, the IPCop Firewall will be one of the major Linux Firewall distributions
in the world.
- Provide a stable Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide a secure Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide an opensourced Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide a highly configurable Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide an easily maintained Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide an easily configured Linux Firewall Distribution.
- Provide reliable Support to the IPCop Linux user base.
- Provide an enjoyable environment for the Public to discuss and request assistance.
- Provide stable, secure, and easy to implement upgrades/patches for IPCop Linux.
- Develop an appreciation for both the Linux and Opensource movements in our user base.
- Develop a long lasting relationship with our userbase.
- Strive to adapt IPCop to meet the needs of the Internet of Tomorrow.
- Further develop the Linux Knowledge base of all Project Members and Users.
After seeing the direction certain Linux Distributions were heading in, a group of dissatisfied users/developers decided that there was little reason for the idea of a GPL Linux Firewall Distribution of such potential to be, simply, extinguished.
IPCop Linux is a complete Linux Distribution whose sole purpose is to protect the networks it is installed on. By implementing existing technology, outstanding new technology and secure programming practices IPCop is the Linux Distribution for those wanting to keep their computers/networks safe.
The IPCop Linux Team is dedicated to doing the very best job possible to keep your systems safe, as you can see on our site.
"The Bad Packets Stop Here!"
For a full list of documentation, including other languages, specific details, older documents, see this documentation overview.